In July 1968 Oscar Brotman made a triumphant return to Hollywood Park with the opening of the 1,440-seat Lincoln Village Theater, located in the Lincoln Village Shopping Center about two blocks upriver from Brotman’s shuttered and soon-to-be-demolished Tower Cabana Club. Did you like this? Share it:Tweet
Tag Archives | Lincoln Village Movie Theater
Frances O’Cherony Archer writes this blog
Bryn Mawr Avenue Business Hall of Fame
THOSE were the days!
Never miss a post: subscribe via mail chimp
Enter your email address and then press the "Enter" button on your keyboard. Thanks!
What we’re saying
- A look back at Lincoln Village Shopping Center January 29, 2012
- Hot Dogs and Baseball: An Albany Park Boyhood February 4, 2011
- Albany Park Cool February 13, 2012
- A Funny Fellow Remembers Albany Park July 24, 2012
- A Centennial Commemoration of the Chicago Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium March 28, 2015
- 23 Memories of Hollywood Park January 26, 2015
- When living in Hollywood Park meant living on the prairie January 13, 2015
- Book Review: Good Old Neon December 4, 2014
- Frances Archer: Will do! thanks for stopping by....
- Caroline Magsaysay-McClelland: Hey, North Siders, the hot dog mecca for us Soth S...
- Catherine Thornhill: Please let me know of another tour of north park v...
- Paul Malevitz: This message is for Bobby Leavitt in response to h...
Albany Park Allan Zirlin Bohemian National Cemetery Book review Bryn Mawr Avenue Budlong Woods Chicago Chicago artists Chicago history Chicago Park District community gardens Cuba Deborah Boys Club Elaine Soloway family Fluky's Historic Bars of Chicago historic cemeteries History Hollywood Park Hollywood Park neighborhood Jewish Lake Claremont Press LaManda Joy local history Mary Gage Peterson Elementary School movie theaters Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium North Park North Park Village Oscar Brotman Pehr S. Peterson Personal history Peterson Elementary School Peterson Park Peterson School photographers porches Richard Cahan Roosevelt High School Social athletic clubs Swedish immigrants The Beat Cop's Guide to Chicago Eats tuberculosis treatment Von Steuben High School