In July 1968 Oscar Brotman made a triumphant return to Hollywood Park with the opening of the 1,440-seat Lincoln Village Theater, located in the Lincoln Village Shopping Center about two blocks upriver from Brotman’s shuttered and soon-to-be-demolished Tower Cabana Club.
Tag Archives | Brotman and Sherman
Frances O’Cherony Archer writes this blog
Bryn Mawr Avenue Business Hall of Fame
THOSE were the days!
Never miss a post: subscribe via mail chimp
What we’re saying
- Murray SImon on Hot Dogs and Baseball: An Albany Park Boyhood
- Frances Archer on Hot Dogs and Baseball: An Albany Park Boyhood
- Frances Archer on When Ray Kroc Came to Hollywood Park
- Frances Archer on Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium Grounds Tour Highlights
- Patricia Marino Pluta on Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium Grounds Tour Highlights
- howard Korengold on When Ray Kroc Came to Hollywood Park
- Dan Bulley on Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium: A Patient’s Story
- A look back at Lincoln Village Shopping Center January 29, 2012
- Hot Dogs and Baseball: An Albany Park Boyhood February 4, 2011
- Albany Park Cool February 13, 2012
- A Funny Fellow Remembers Albany Park July 24, 2012
- Take Me to the River January 9, 2014
- A heart as big as Albany Park November 11, 2013
- Haunted or not, Graveyards of Chicago Well Worth Exploring October 25, 2013
- Von Steuben and Roosevelt Reunion Night at Max and Benny’s September 26, 2013
- Murray SImon: I can give a little background on S&L. I work...
- Frances Archer: Jack, I've forgotten about theose milk machines. ...
- Frances Archer: I think we starting going there around 1965 or so....
- Frances Archer: Patricia, I will post an announcement for the next...
Albany Park Allan Zirlin Bohemian National Cemetery Book review Bryn Mawr Avenue Budlong Woods Chicago Chicago artists Chicago history Chicago Park District community gardens Cuba Deborah Boys Club Elaine Soloway family Fluky's Historic Bars of Chicago historic cemeteries History Hollywood Park Hollywood Park neighborhood Jewish Lake Claremont Press LaManda Joy local history Mary Gage Peterson Elementary School movie theaters Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium North Park North Park Village Oscar Brotman Pehr S. Peterson Personal history Peterson Park Peterson School photographers porches Richard Cahan Roosevelt High School Social athletic clubs Swedish immigrants The Beat Cop's Guide to Chicago Eats tuberculosis treatment urban planning Von Steuben High School