In July 1968 Oscar Brotman made a triumphant return to Hollywood Park with the opening of the 1,440-seat Lincoln Village Theater, located in the Lincoln Village Shopping Center about two blocks upriver from Brotman’s shuttered and soon-to-be-demolished Tower Cabana Club.
Tag Archives | Brotman and Sherman
Frances O’Cherony Archer writes this blog
Bryn Mawr Avenue Business Hall of Fame
THOSE were the days!
Never miss a post: subscribe via mail chimp
What we’re saying
- Frances Archer on A Funny Fellow Remembers Albany Park
- Frances Archer on Meet the Top Hats
- Frances Archer on A look back at Lincoln Village Shopping Center
- Frances Archer on Hollywood Kiddieland
- Ed Barkan on A Funny Fellow Remembers Albany Park
- Barbara Zaretsky on Meet the Top Hats
- Dan Simon on A look back at Lincoln Village Shopping Center
- A look back at Lincoln Village Shopping Center January 29, 2012
- Hot Dogs and Baseball: An Albany Park Boyhood February 4, 2011
- Albany Park Cool February 13, 2012
- Mom and Pop March 8, 2010
- Take Me to the River January 9, 2014
- A heart as big as Albany Park November 11, 2013
- Haunted or not, Graveyards of Chicago Well Worth Exploring October 25, 2013
- Von Steuben and Roosevelt Reunion Night at Max and Benny’s September 26, 2013
- Frances Archer: Ed thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share your...
- Frances Archer: Barbara, thanks for stopping by. So glad to hear ...
- Frances Archer: I guess we can use the name we remember for the bu...
- Frances Archer: How cool to celebrate the anniversary. I've got t...
Albany Park Allan Zirlin Bohemian National Cemetery Book review Bryn Mawr Avenue Budlong Woods Chicago Chicago artists Chicago history Chicago Park District community gardens Cuba Deborah Boys Club Elaine Soloway family Fluky's Historic Bars of Chicago historic cemeteries History Hollywood Park Hollywood Park neighborhood Jewish Lake Claremont Press LaManda Joy local history Mary Gage Peterson Elementary School movie theaters Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium North Park North Park Village Oscar Brotman Pehr S. Peterson Personal history Peterson Park Peterson School photographers porches Richard Cahan Roosevelt High School Social athletic clubs Swedish immigrants The Beat Cop's Guide to Chicago Eats tuberculosis treatment urban planning Von Steuben High School