In July 1968 Oscar Brotman made a triumphant return to Hollywood Park with the opening of the 1,440-seat Lincoln Village Theater, located in the Lincoln Village Shopping Center about two blocks upriver from Brotman’s shuttered and soon-to-be-demolished Tower Cabana Club.
Tag Archives | Brotman and Sherman
Frances O’Cherony Archer writes this blog
Bryn Mawr Avenue Business Hall of Fame
What we’re saying
- barbara pierce on Event: Talk and walk the former Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium
- barbara pierce on North of Peterson
- Frances Archer on North of Peterson
- Renee Fishman Harris on North of Peterson
- Howard Sims on Meet some Regular Fellas
- Frances Archer on Mom and Pop
- Frances Archer on Meet some Regular Fellas
Never miss a post: subscribe via Feedburner
- A look back at Lincoln Village Shopping Center January 29, 2012
- Hot Dogs and Baseball: An Albany Park Boyhood February 4, 2011
- Albany Park Cool February 13, 2012
- Mom and Pop March 8, 2010
- Blog subscription test repeated April 29, 2013
- Blog subscription test April 22, 2013
- The Purity Delicatessen of Albany Park April 14, 2013
- Book review: There Used to Be a Synagogue Here January 22, 2013
- barbara pierce: Love this don't ever stop writting. Such great m...
- barbara pierce: I loved your comnents as I lived at 5528 north kim...
- Frances Archer: Hi Renee, thanks for visiting. So glad to hear you...
- Renee Fishman Harris: As always, Frances, another wonderful trip down me...
Albany Park Allan Zirlin Bohemian National Cemetery Book review Bryn Mawr Avenue Budlong Woods Chicago Chicago artists Chicago history Chicago Park District community gardens Cuba Deborah Boys Club Elaine Soloway family Historic Bars of Chicago History Hollywood Park Hollywood Park neighborhood Jewish Lake Claremont Press LaManda Joy local history Mary Gage Peterson Elementary School movie theaters Municipal Tuberculosis Sanitarium North Park North Park Village Oscar Brotman Pehr S. Peterson Personal history Peterson Garden Project Peterson Park Peterson School photographers porches Roosevelt High School Social athletic clubs Swedish immigrants The Beat Cop's Guide to Chicago Eats tuberculosis treatment urban planning Victory gardens Von Steuben High School West Side